Thursday 26 September 2013

Day 10: Waikato River Trail - Stage 4

I booked in to the Managkino Lakeside Inn due to the wild weather. I had intended to stay in my tent down by the lake, but that wasn't a good idea. The Inn is the old Maternity Hospital and I was the only one there. So I made myself at home, nice big TV so I can see what's going on in the world.
William wastes no time settling in
It's all very cozy and warm while the storm blows
After I settled in I decided to head out on Stage 4 of the Waikato River Trail. My book says Grade Easy, nice and flat. But when I got to the sign post it said Grade Intermediate. The sign was right! Lots of uphill. It starts out easy but not for long. My target was the 70m Mangakino Swing Bridge and after slogging it out in the drizzle I made it! I went a bit further but decided to head back when I got to the next hill.
 
Start of Stage 4

Looks harmless enough

Still good. It was hell after this part.


Target eventually secured!


Mangakino swingbridge 70m long
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment