Saturday 21 September 2013

Day 6: Rainy Day in Rotorua

Rain well-and-truly moved in as forecasted on Day 5, so I hung around Rotorua Thermal Holiday Park waiting for a break in the weather. I located the open air hot pools here and was just about to take a dip in the pouring rain when all of a sudden the sun came out! Nice one. So I spent some time soaking my poor aching limbs and reading. 
 
Three pools, three different temperatures
After that I decided I would have another ride around the Redwoods. Even though it might be a bit muddy in there it might also be my last opportunity. So I didn't set off until 4:30pm and yes it was a bit muddy in places, but once you get in under the forest canopy it stays fairly dry. Another good hour's ride and I was really glad I went. I managed to get a few photos this time!
 
Pretty as a picture

Follow the trail

An easy structure to negotiate

Quite a tight squeeze through here


Just gorgeous!
 
Start of 'B Rude Not 2' that I flew down the previous day
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Time to head home and go in search of food. I found a place called Deli Roasts and discovered they do a great roast duck with noodles! My favourite :)
 
Back in the log cabin I resumed listening to Julie Andrews narrating her Memoirs. It has been very interesting hearing about her difficult upbringing in war-torn Britain during the London Blitz and her early years as a child star in music halls and on radio. I think it ends when she is cast in Mary Poppins in 1964. There are 11 CD's and I'm up to #7. I hope she does a sequel!
 
Bedtime stories. OK, I'm a big fan :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment