Saturday 14 September 2013

WAIKATO TRAILS HERE I COME!

Today I am starting to pack and prepare for my great cycling adventure! I have far too much stuff I am sure. The car is going to be packed to the gunnels!

This is my beautiful Kona Firemountain Deluxe which is going to see me safely around the trails. I love it sooo much!

And here's my intended itinerary. It does depend on the weather but I am determined! It is raining at the moment and there has been a spot of bad weather lately. But I like to think that Mother Nature is getting all of that out of the way so I can have all the sunshine :)
Te Aroha
Paeroa to Waikino (Karangahake Gorge) -> train to Waihi
Paeroa to Thames
Te Aroha to Paeroa

Rotorua
Whakarewara Forest MTB Trails (The Redwoods)

Maraetai Lake, Mangakino
Waikato River Trail -
Part 1: Karapiro
Part 4: Maraetai

Pirongia Forest
Nikau Trail and Kaniwhaniwha Caves

Raglan
Around Ragan environs
Bridal Veil Falls (hiking track only)
Body boarding

Hamilton
Pukete Mountain Bike Park

Thank goodness for Google Maps!
A very small sample of some of my gear...

Safety Gear


Camping Gear

Surf Gear

No comments:

Post a Comment