Thursday 26 September 2013

Day 12: Caves on the way to Raglan

Nikau Walk and Kaniwhaniwha Caves

On the way to Raglan there is a walking/cycling trail that leads to the Kaniwhaniwha Caves. The Nikau Walk is really nice to bike, and takes you to some really narrow caves that you have to squeeze to get in to. I was glad I kept my bike helment on and had my head light. I didn't go too far in because I thought I might get stuck and never be found! You would have to get the Sensing Murder team onto it.
 
At the carpark

Going into the bush part

Very nice

Some bridges

Cave entrance

Down in the dark


Some torch light required
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Raglan

And now it's time to slow down a bit and give my leg a rest. I've never been to Raglan before. It's a really nice little place, kind of trendy and villagey. The camp I'm staying at is on the other side of an inlet and there is a nice foot bridge to bike over to get to the town centre.
My little cabin

All the mod cons

Off to explore the town by bike

A very pretty foot bridge over the inlet
 

No comments:

Post a Comment